Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training
The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF) is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in academies, further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations. It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice
The qualification is suitable for:
- individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- individuals who are currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification
The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF) replaces the Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS). The Diploma Qualification is also comparable to the Certificate in Education (CertEd) and the Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
Learning Objectives & Assessment
The course is made up of four mandatory core modules (75 Credits).
- Module One - Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Module Two - Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Module Three - Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Module Four - Wider professional practice in education and training
The course is also made up of optional modules (45 Credits). These can be:
- Action research (15 Credits)
- Inclusive practice (15)
- Developing, using and organising resources within a specialist area (15)
- Specialist delivery Techniques & Activities (9)
- Understanding and managing Behaviours in a Learning Environment (6)
- Teaching in a specialist area (15)
- Understanding Theories and Frameworks for Teaching Disabled Learners (15)
The qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the learner has met the required assessment criteria. All learners are expected to prove both their theoretical and practical knowledge within their portfolio of evidence and 8hrs of Learning Observations.
Learners must be at least 19 years of age at certification Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training
- Do not have a criminal background which prevents them working, with young people or vulnerable adults, as a teacher
- Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 3 in their area of specialism
- Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
There is no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award or L4 Certificate in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification.
Delivery & Prices
|Online Learning (Self Study)||£1495 +VAT|
|Live Virtual Classroom Based||£1995 +VAT|
Group Packages are available: £11,970 +VAT for up to 6 Learners, delivered over 12 Days.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you would like a more tailored solution.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who want a qualification that focuses on practical teaching, and prefer a wide choice of optional units. Learners may already be teaching and wish to have their experience and practice accredited, or not presently teaching but capable of meeting the minimum teaching practice requirement of 100 hours.
It is designed for both the private training industry, FE Colleges and Academies, and covers the generic teaching skills that are required in becoming an effective teacher/trainer.
Learners will achieve the nationally recognised QCF approved Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training allows learners to put into practice the skills they learn in the classroom environment in their real-life teaching role. The course investigates what makes a good teacher and the skills and techniques required to get the most from your learners.
Successful learners can progress to other continuous professional development such as:
- Qualified Teaching and Learning Skills Status with the Society of Education and Training