Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
The TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts. This qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers;
- individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- individuals who are currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification
The TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) replaces the Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS).
Learning Objectives & Assessment
The course is made up of five mandatory core modules (21 Credits).
- Module One - Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Module Two - Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Module Three - Delivering education and training
- Module Four - Assessing learners in education and training
- Module Five - Using resources for education and training
Learners must achieve a minimum of 36 credits from two module groups to be awarded the TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF). Learners must achieve a minimum of 21 credits at Level 4 or above. There is a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of practice.
The course is also made up of optional modules (15 Credits). These can be:
- Equality and diversity (6 Credits)
- Inclusive practice (15)
- Preparing for the coaching role (3)
- Preparing for the mentoring role (3)
- Teaching in a specialist area (15)
- Preparing for the personal tutoring role (3)
The qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the learner has met the required assessment criteria. All learners are expected to prove both their theoretical and practical knowledge within their portfolio of evidence and 3hrs of Learning Observations.
Learners must be at least 19 years of age at certification There are no specific entry requirements and learners do not need to have teaching practice hours to achieve the qualification.
There is no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification. However, if a learner has achieved the level 3 unit: “Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training”, they will be not have to take this unit as part of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. Evidence must be produced by the learner in the form of a recognised certificate to prove his/her achievement, and centres should maintain a copy.
Delivery & Prices
|Online Learning (Self Study)||£795 +VAT|
|Live Virtual Classroom Based||£995 +VAT|
We can also train groups in house for as little as £11,940 +VAT for up to 12 people.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you would like a more tailored solution.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who want a qualification that focuses on practical teaching, and prefer a wide choice of optional units. Learners may already be teaching and wish to have their experience and practice accredited, or not presently teaching but capable of meeting the minimum teaching practice requirement of 30 hours.
It is designed for both the private training industry and FE Colleges, and covers the generic teaching skills that are required in becoming an effective teacher/trainer.
The course can also be completed via distance learning anywhere across the UK
Learners will achieve the nationally recognised QCF approved Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training allows learners to put into practice the skills they learn in the classroom environment in their real-life teaching role. The course investigates what makes a good teacher and the skills and techniques required to get the most from your learners.
Successful learners can progress to other teaching, training, assessment and internal quality assurance qualifications such as:
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement