Level 3 Award in Education & Training
The TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) is an introductory, knowledge based teaching qualification which can be undertaken by individuals who are not yet in a teaching role (pre-service), or are currently teaching (in-service).
The qualification is suitable for:
- are not yet in a teaching role
- are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role
- want a short qualification
- have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of study for A-levels
- want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
- may have already achieved some Learning and Development units that can be brought forward into this teaching qualification (known as QCF equivalents).
This qualification replaces the old PTLLS course. This qualification is listed on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
Learning Objectives & Assessment
The course is made up of three core modules.
- Module One - Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Module Two - Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training with a 20 minute micro-teach on a subject of your choice.
- Module Three - Understanding assessment in education and training.
The qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the learner has met the required assessment criteria. All learners are expected to prove both their theoretical and practical knowledge within their portfolio of evidence and micro-teach session.
Learners must be at least 19 years of age at certification There are no specific entry requirements and learners do not need to have teaching practice hours to achieve the qualification.
Delivery & Prices
|Classroom based||£355 +VAT|
We can also train groups in house for as little as £2,130 +VAT for up to 6 people.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you would like a more tailored solution.
This course is designed for individuals who would like to start teaching or for those who are already teaching but need a nationally recognised teaching qualification for their career development.
It is designed for both the private training industry and self-employment, and covers the generic teaching skills that are required in becoming an effective teacher/trainer.
The course can also be completed via distance learning anywhere across the UK
Learners will achieve the nationally recognised QCF approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
The aim is to give learners the confidence and knowledge to teach. By the end of the course learners will understand how to set up an effective and inclusive learning environment. Everyone on the course designs, delivers and evaluates a micro-teach, gaining invaluable feedback from their teacher and peers.
Successful learners can progress to other teaching, training, assessment and internal quality assurance qualifications such as:
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement