Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
This qualification is intended for assessors who assess occupational competence in an individual's work environment. It includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence):
- observation of performance in the work environment
- examining products of work
- questioning the learner
- discussing with the learner
- use of others (witness testimony)
- looking at learner statements
- recognising prior learning
Learning Objectives & Assessment
The course is made up of two core modules:
- Module One - Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Module Two - Assess occupational competence in the work environment
Learners must achieve 9 credits from two mandatory units to be awarded the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
The qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the learner has met the required assessment criteria. All learners are expected to prove both their theoretical and practical knowledge within their portfolio of evidence and 2hrs Assessing Observations.
Learners must be at least 18 years of age at certification There are no specific entry requirements, however learners should have a minimum of level two in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Delivery & Prices
|Classroom based||£355 +VAT|
We can also train groups in house for as little as £2130 +VAT for up to 6 people.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you would like a more tailored solution.
The course is designed to give you the confidence and competence to plan, deliver and evaluate workplace assessments.
The course can also be completed via distance learning anywhere across the UK.
Learners will achieve the nationally recognised QCF approved Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a nationally accredited workplace assessors’ qualification enabling you to carry out independent assessments in your workplace.
Successful learners can progress to other assessing and verifying qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice